I'll keep it short and sweet today since I've got little time. I didn't get as much writing done today as I would have liked to, but I don't feel it was a night wasted, as I spent it with some friends of mine, and in an odd way that adds to the writing.
This is something I noticed in college when studying acting. The good actors were the ones with personality behind them, the kids who had led lives full of emotions and memories that shut-ins who dedicated all their time to "the art" simply didn't have. To express something, you have to had experienced something similar to it first to make things believable.
The same would hold true to writing. A good writer can create a better image of the world around him as he sees it. If he never sees it to begin with, then he has nothing to work with. The bottom line is to keep the door open, don't lock yourself in and miss out on what life has to offer. Otherwise you won't have much to offer your stories.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment