Well, back to it after a weekend break. I'm not sure if I want to always break like that on Saturdays and Sundays. Both felt kinda slow without the blogging aspect behind them.
Work on Monday's always goes a little long. On short days I get off of work around 2 pm. Today it was around four. I come home and don't really have much of a chance to write because I really want some time to freaking relax and watch some of those Netflix movies that have been laying on my DVD player for weeks now.
Around 6:30 pm I finally decided to break out the pen and notebook, only to get a call from some friends inviting me over to watch TV and eat chicken. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I put a lot of importance in spending time with other people, so of course I said I'd come by immediately. To stave off the feelings of guilt and laziness, I took the notebook with me.
When I arrived, I realized they had invited me over to watch pro-wrestling. I liked wrestling when I was a kid, but in adulthood it doesn't do much for me. I had some chicken, sat down to try and watch it. Normally I just make fun of the shows, which is where most of the joy for my friends comes from. Then I started jotting down a few things here and there. After a while those few things turned in a page, and then another page. Even after taking a lengthy call from an old friend of mine who's out in California right now, I still managed to nearly complete three pages.
Most people go to coffee shops, the park, the library, or bars to write. Tonight, I watched pro-wrestling to write. Life's an amazing complex and bizarre thing when it comes to writing. Just another reason for me to love it.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment