Thursday, December 25, 2008

Yeah, I'll go ahead and make the Christmas post early to make up for lost days. A combination of busted car batteries and then holiday traveling immediately following the fix didn't really lend to decent time to post on a blog. No big deal, still got some good things done.

I am very close to completing the material I want to send out as sample chapters, and and synopsis of the novel would take me half an afternoon to write. Telling the family about all this makes the idea much more real to me as well as them. When you can explain that, yes, one could make money off of an advance for a book, then all that time their kid spent as a child writing in notebooks seems like a good thing (long story there).

The only mistake was that I forgot to bring that Writer's Market book with me to show the parents and family. Would have been boring but made the idea somewhat more legitimate. Ah well, there's always next year. Of course, by then I'd actually like to have something published. We'll just make that the New Year's Resolution, to publish a novel. How many people you think put THAT on the list?

No comments: